Friday, June 28, 2013

Day 4 Paul Mitchell (braiding, french twist)

First off, I LOVED last nights class.  It was terrific and I love braids!! I really have only done different things with french braiding but I got to learn other types of braids.

Agenda:
Braiding
French Twist

The types of braids we learn are listed below.  With most of them it was my first time.

ANGEL BRAID
(an angel braid is like a regular french braid but you only grab hair to add in from one side.  Whatever side you are wanting the braid to pay, that's the side you pick up from.  You don't have to do the full head, I just started turning around the crown and didn't want to finish so I turned it and went back around)



ROPE BRAID
(this is typically a braid to help fill or use as a head band.  You use 4 strands of hair with this)


FRENCH BRAID
(I left in the rope braid from above and added the french braid)





CORN ROWS
(now after this class I learned that I had been doing corn rows wrong for years! I wouldn't do the inverted braids like you're suppose to and so this was tough for me.  I'm still trying to master the inverted braid)




INVERTED BRAID
(like a regular braid except inside of going over you go under with the hair pieces)




BAMBOO BRAID
(this is my favorite braid to do!  You have 3 strands but only 1 of them is the one you really move.  Our instructor say it's like basket weaving.  I need to work on making this braid looser as well.  This one is very tight.  Bamboo braids are used mostly for fill ins)




We also did FISHTAIL BRAID but when I tried to loosen up the strands to give it a fuller look it completely messed it up so I didn't get a picture.

FRENCH TWIST

 (needs longer hair to have a nice look)



CLASSIC FRENCH TWIST
(this twist can be done on shorter hair than the French Twist above)





Again I will say I loved class and it really flew by.



1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I can only do an inverted braid on myself. I have tried to do it on others and I end up unbraiding it half way through on accident. I knew corn rows were inverted but , like I said I cant do them on others. Also, funny, I cant do a regular French braid on myself as I start to undo it half way through. Very strange. :) Loved the photos. I also love the last braid that you did. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete